INJURED WORKER COALITION Candidate Profile
Bringing information to dozens of political activists and organizations
August 19, 2002
Candidate as listed by Oregon Secretary of State
STATE REPRESENTATIVE, 25TH DISTRICT
Vic Backlund (REPUBLICAN)
1339 MISTWOOD DR NE
KEIZER, OR 97303
Date filed: Jun 20, 2002 was Nominated
Qualified For Office: Yes
Fax: No fax number specified.
Web-Site: No Web-Site address specified.
Many thanks to Vic Backlund for responding to our survey. The candidate's
answers have been reproduced below.
- In the 2003 Session, I will work to achieve Guaranteed Fairness for Injured
Workers in the Legal Process.
"I believe that injured workers should be treated fairly."
- In the 2003 Session, I will work to achieve Getting Injured Workers Back
to Safe, Living-wage Work
"In principle, yes, although I don't know what the details of this issue
are. I'd have to see any proposals before I could commit."
- In the 2003 Session, I will work to achieve Making Insurance Companies
Accountable When They Dont Pay Mandated Benefits to Injured Workers
"In principle, yes. What do you have in mind?"
- In the 2003 Session, I will work to achieve Making "Required Medical
Exams" Fairer to Injured Workers
"Undecided, primarily because I'm not aware of what we have now. Are
you saying that the current system provides unfair exams?"
- In the 2003 Session, I will work to achieve Improving Disability Benefits
for Workers Who Can't Return to Work
"I have supported the efforts of the governor's task force on this issue.
Is that not satisfactory?"
Linked below is the briefing paper that went out, along with the survey, to
all legislative and gubernatorial candidates and mid-term senators.
IWC Home | Briefing Paper |
Senate | House
Sponsored by the Injured Worker Coalition
Published at www.injuredworker.org