Re: Medical Cover-Ups: OR Board of Medical Examiners

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Crusader on January 30, 1999 at 19:45:02:

In Reply to: Re: Medical Cover-Ups: The Code Of Silence - KOIN 6 News posted by L.G. on January 30, 1999 at 11:50:27:

A book I have called 16,638 Questionaable Doctors says this:

Within the last two years, Oregon appears to have developed a policy of allowing doctors who are under investigation to surrender their licenses in lieu of further investigation and then labeling these surrenders "not a disciplinary action." In a letter sent to us, however, the Oregon board stated that "the licensee cannot reactivate their license without the completion of the original investigation."

Due to this "cover-up" by yet another Oregon state agency this book could not list these physicians. It allows terrible doctors to move to another state and victimize others. I also believe that Oregon has a policy of "shreeding" disciplinary historys from their books after a few years which would make it easy for BAD doctors to come back with no completion of the investigation. I could be wrong though.

I also should tell you that this book is informative but due to the above limited in its listing of Oregon quacks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]