What is great about 220?

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Lewis on March 11, 1999 at 22:09:09:

In Reply to: Re: SB 220 needs killing posted by Tom Mattis on March 10, 1999 at 18:59:54:

Tom Mattis,
So what IS great about SB220?
My understanding is that the DCBS now only closes about 25% of the claims anyway. Why don't you want to close claims? Not your job?
As far as ombudsman go, they seem to be compromised enough that they don't give the frank information a worker requires. At least, that was my experience when I called for help three years ago. In fact, I got incorrect information. So I'm not sure if we need two more or a hundred more. It won't help us any.
The administrative judges seem more impartial than the ombudsman office. And certainly nothing beats a good wc attorney.
The problem with SB220 is that it's another paper cut on an injured worker. It's also symbolic of the kind of fine tuning that's going relentlessly on WC legislation but doesn't remedy the fact that Workers' Comp is the "Bosnia" of Oregon politics to quote one doctor.
I think your office is an administrator of the law and can't put forth anything that adequately addresses our needs. No offense.
The OPEU is opposed to 220 and so are injured workers, including TIES, IWOP and IWA.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]