Re: Legislature kisses Insurance Lobbys _ss!

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IWA Webmaster on July 28, 1999 at 15:50:07:

In Reply to: Legislature kisses Insurance Lobbys Ass! posted by Frank on July 26, 1999 at 02:05:45:

Frank,
I guess I have to add my 2 cents here. Workers' Advocates were forced to play defense this session and stopped or improved upon several bills. (There will be a rundown on them on the new WI main page which will appear within 2 days)
Two pro-worker bills that come to mind are Sen. Derfler's (yes, that's what I said) SB 1322 and Representative Barbara Ross's HB 2769.
Both never got past MLAC although Rep. Ross's bill was a contributing factor in injured workers (5) being appointed to a focus group with DCBS personnel. Very good things came out of these meetings including a rules change that will occur this summer requiring insurance carriers to inform workers by certified mail that their claim is about to be closed. Previously, the vast majority of workers weren't notified for months and some not all all and then had this so-called "over-payment" deducted from future compensation such as their disability payment.

P.S. Frank, the two co-founders of IWA are Republicans. I agree with you that this party has lost touch with everyday people and most of them now simply represent the interests' of the wealthy and that of corporations. I believe as concerned citizens it is our duty to take our party back through peaceful and democratic means and again make the Republican Party the party of Abe Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt. Please, all Republicans do not share the views of those presently representing us at the state and national level and not all Republican politicians are bad people, only greatly misinformed.

Take care and please keep contributing to this BB. We are most appreciative of you sharing your insight and knowledge.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]