RESIST THE OPPRESSORS

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kay Abel on October 15, 1999 at 23:08:09:

Hello Fellow Persecuted Injured Workers, I was forced to resign my 17 year Postmaster career to become my husbands full-time caregiver. Tom suffers from life-threatening seizures from a head injury. He does pretty well when he's not having seizures. DCBS ordered SAIF to provide Tom 24 hour care by a registered nurse. SAIF refused and attempted to remove Tom from his family and home and put him away in a nursing home where a registered nurse may or may not be available on a 24 hour basis. Although I have saved them hundreds of thousands of dollars by treating Tom's seizures at home and keeping him out of the hospital, SAIF refuses to pay me a reasonable amount to take care of Tom because they are afraid of setting a precedent. They harrassed Tom's neurologist for so many years that he finally caved in to them and declared Tom stationery. SAIF immediately cut off Tom's temporary timeloss payments. Tom gets no compensation for being totally and permanently disabled. It is totally shocking and outrageous th that the system allows the insurance comp carriers to systematically assault injured workers at will. We have resisted falling into a "victims mentality" because we are not helpless victims. I will oppose these whores and thugs as long as I have breath. I'm bringing Tom to the conference in Springfield. The crimes of this corript system MUST be exposed and if we stand together we will prevail against our enemies. Keep the faith and God Bless you all for your righteous struggle.

Best regards,
Kay Abel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]