Letter to Senator Qtip

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kay on December 11, 1999 at 13:08:27:

Here is the letter I sent her. "My husbands suffers from a life-threatening seizure disorder from an on-the-job compensable injury. Although he is totally and permanently disabled he receives no disability compensation from the Workers comp system of Oregon. Our two wonderful sons and myself love, honor, cherish and respect him and consider it our responsibility and priviledge to care for him in our home of 40 years. SAIF wants to warehouse him in a nursing home where he would receive inferior care and be very unhappy separated from his family and home. Strong, solod families like ours who stand together especially in times of personal tragedy and devastating illness and injury are what holds our country together and should be encouraged and supported in every way. In the Oregonian on 12-9-99, an article by Erin Barnett states that you think that the spousal pay cuts may push the federal government to approve Oregon's proposals. You said it was "a hard one." You can't imagine how hard. Before you decided to use those admirable people as political pawns did you truely consider the harmful effect it would have on their lives? Did you think their lives were not difficult enough already? We all live with the possibility of becoming severely disabled and being dependent on the humanity of others. If one day you and your family are faced with a disaster and you find it necessary to reach out to the state for held, will you find humanity or humiliation?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]