Who is on the employees side

Post questions and answers, and discuss issues relating to workers' compensation and healthcare in general.

Moderator: Webmaster

Who is on the employees side

Postby nblueeyet » March 20th, 2007, 11:29 am

My mother was injured over 18 months ago. There were witnesses which wrote out a report on what happen. She was sent to the ER and then filed a claim. This is in Columbus Ohio. She went to a WC doctor and he said that there was a little swelling. She went through all the stuff they put everyone through with a back injury. Therapy, shots ect.. Well it didnt help. She got another WC doctor and he looked at her and said nothing was wrong but he didnt even touch her how could he know if there was something wrong. So now she has a new WC doctor. In the mean time she goes to a real doctor that doesnt lie and is humane. He does an MRI and her back is really messed up bad. She needs surgery. She has the films still and is going to take them to court. Not that is will probably help because there will be a judge well that is working for WC. I dont know this but she has WC drs. WC lawyers why not have a WC judge that is not going to be on her side and be truthful. She is still working but is now at the point she is throwing up and is crying the whole time at work. She is a hard worker and has worked for 43 years. She refuses to loose everything if she doesnt work. I am worried because just last year some man at her work committed suicide because no one helped his pain and he just couldnt take it anymore. Could someone please tell me where I can go for real help. Workmen comp is for the employer no matter what they claim or anyone else claims. If real doctors and lawyers would take care of this matter it would been done a long time ago. She would have had surgery and the case would had been done. There are too many cases on the internet stating that people are going through the same thing where is the help and where is the laws to really protect. Help someone please we are desperate.
nblueeyet

Postby pls065 » March 24th, 2007, 7:23 am

Tell her to find another lawyer. and keep bugging them. Sorry that isn't much help.
pls065

Postby hurtedbad » February 24th, 2008, 1:09 pm

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the judges. After my attorney retired, I had to represent myself and my judge was very fair.
hurtedbad

Postby Webmaster » February 24th, 2008, 1:20 pm

Always try to get an attorney to represent you. In many states, the workers' comp. judge is appointed by the governor. If they rule too much in favor of workers, they're out of a job. Judges have told me this.

Yes I know, courts aren't supposed to work that way but workers' comp. premiums have an impact on new businesses moving to a state and the retention of existing ones. Many state government officials put that above fairness to their workers. It's the sad reality.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Postby phoenixlipo » June 14th, 2009, 9:45 pm

hi...

you may visit following link...
phoenixlipo

Return to Main Injured Workers' Forum