attorney problems

Post questions and answers, and discuss issues relating to workers' compensation and healthcare in general.

Moderator: Webmaster

attorney problems

Postby leewood777 » May 1st, 2008, 9:55 pm

I did not want to settle for what my attorney told me they wanted to settle out for. I told her I rather go to court and fight for more due to wanting to make sure I have enough to carry me through my healing. Since I told my attorney that, I have not heard back from her. I emailed her, called her without any response.
Can I switch attorney's? Is there something else I can do?

Thank you for your help.

Lee
leewood777

Switching an attorney

Postby Webmaster » May 30th, 2008, 2:22 pm

Sorry for the delay. This post got by us.

You don't mention the state of injury so it's impossible to give a definite answer. If you have an ombudsman for injured workers, as is the case in Oregon, call them.

In all likelihood a switch can be made. The problem is finding an attorney willing to take the case. This is because the old attorney will most certainly demand money for their time and any expense (an award percentage or even cash) and the new attorney won't want to split the attorney fees awarded.

This is one more reason it's important to hire the right attorney first. Our home page provides things to ask and look for it one.
Webmaster
Site Admin

attorney problems

Postby ZosseIsonFuro » August 26th, 2009, 3:54 pm

They are in northern Michigan by Traverse City, looking for a "downstate" attorney based on their own regular attorneys recommendation. Of course my first thought was 1-800-CALL-SAM, but I was curious what everyone here had to say.
ZosseIsonFuro

Return to Main Injured Workers' Forum