Employer Negligence?

Post questions and answers, and discuss issues relating to workers' compensation and healthcare in general.

Moderator: Webmaster

Employer Negligence?

Postby jboydAK » December 5th, 2008, 3:58 pm

I was tasked to mow lawns in the rain one day. I told my direct supervisor that it was a stupid idea and he replied saying he was my boss and that I had to do it. While mowing lawns that day I slipped on a hill and fractured my rib. I have been in pain and having trouble sleeping for the last 5 months. I have yet to get a lawyer and am wondering if it is worth pursuing Employer Negligence. If anyone has any info to send my way I would very much appreciate it.
jboydAK

Postby mrxtramean » March 3rd, 2009, 4:15 pm

Since this was posted in 2008, this topic is basically dead.

If your employer has over 50 employees, not sure if this is the same in all states, they are require by law to have workers compensation.

If you are hurt on the job, you should talk to an attorney always, there shouldn't be any cost to talk. Most Workers Comp. attorneys do not get paid unless you win your claim. They will listen to your claim and advise you. But remember, an attorney is looking for ------MONEY!!! Yup, money. They have to eat just like you. So don't think they will bend over backwards for you, but I wouldn't go through another claim without one.
coming soon
www.oregonworkerscompensation.net
mrxtramean

Return to Main Injured Workers' Forum