Hi! I'm new to the forum.

Post questions and answers, and discuss issues relating to workers' compensation and healthcare in general.

Moderator: Webmaster

Hi! I'm new to the forum.

Postby DEM » March 26th, 2009, 1:42 pm

My w/comp is in Oregon.
I fell almost a year ago. Tore cuff again, from three years ago. But was on a different job this time. W/comp has been good up till now. New adjuster :roll: Have been going to a pain clinic since Jan. W/comp is refusing to pay for drug test that pain clinic ordered. Plus has set me up for a IME With a Dr Leadbetter (anybody hear of him?) Called a few lawyers, they told me there's nothing they can do till they start denying things. Oh and I have my New MRI and it shows new tear. The Dr that did the operations, said there was nothing else he could do for me and told me he would refer me to another Dr. Which I have been working on. If he will take me. Any suggestions? Really need some help!
Thank You
DEM

Postby Danellle » April 16th, 2010, 10:24 am

I would recommend reading this website's forums and information on "IME" or Independent Medical Examinations. You should always bring someone you trust with you INTO the appointment.

I would also highly recommend setting up appointments with a few attorneys to discuss your case. I think the best thing to do is retain an attorney that you feel comfortable with and let everthing go through him/her. I know it is hard to be shuffled around to so many doctors, but be persistent in getting them to understand your injuries. Hopefully the referred doctor will be able to help you, but if not, I would think you should be declared "medically stable" which doesn't mean you are "all better" but that medical help can no longer improve your condition. For me, this was done by an orthopedic doctor since I had broken bones. I am permanantly partially disabled now. The insurance company will now use the orthopedic doctor's report to assess my damages.

Hope it helped just lay out the way this whole mess seems to work. I hope you get the help you need and your pain (both mental and physical)
is relieved.
Danellle

Return to Main Injured Workers' Forum