unpaid medical bills

Post questions and answers, and discuss issues relating to workers' compensation and healthcare in general.

Moderator: Webmaster

unpaid medical bills

Postby nativespecialty » December 10th, 2005, 9:00 pm

L&I has been paying all my related medical bills the past couple of years. I was sent to physical therapy earlier this year for PT on my neck. My neck injury had been accepted as part of my claim and bills had been paid in the past. Yet they have rejected my PT bill stating that "neck injury is not part of my claim". I have sent the bills to my attorney, but he appears to be doing nothing about this. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do. I don't want to get sent to collection and don't have the money to pay this bill.

Thanks!!
nativespecialty

Re: unpaid medical bills

Postby Swept under the rug » December 15th, 2005, 3:15 am

nativespecialty wrote:L&I has been paying all my related medical bills the past couple of years. I was sent to physical therapy earlier this year for PT on my neck. My neck injury had been accepted as part of my claim and bills had been paid in the past. Yet they have rejected my PT bill stating that "neck injury is not part of my claim". I have sent the bills to my attorney, but he appears to be doing nothing about this. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do. I don't want to get sent to collection and don't have the money to pay this bill.

Thanks!!

Well here's marginal advice as bill handle would say... Call the ombudsman and see if yer lawyer has filed for a or annother hearing if not find annother lawyer asap, as long as you have a case pending they cant send you to collection. If you have other health ins they are bound by law to pay yer way if WC has not so you may check with them aswell.

Good luck my friend
Swept under the rug

unpaid medical bills

Postby nativespecialty » December 26th, 2005, 10:32 am

I don't have any other insurance to cover the bills. My attorney and L&I have been going back and forth in telephone mediation conference hearings since October 3rd!! I have repeatedly talked to him about the bills and sent him copies. In his recent demand to L&I, he mentions nothing about the bills despite that the bills were incurred while the claim was still open! Whereas they had previously covered medical for my neck injury, they are now claiming that the neck injury is not part of the claim. Go figure! One of the bills is almost $1,000 for physical therapy. Given the senstivity of timeline and being in the midst of mediation, I would be hard pressed to get another attorney to take the case at this point anyway.

Thanks for the advice and I'll keep this in mind if I am sent to collection for any of these outstanding bills. :roll:
nativespecialty

unpaid medical bills

Postby nativespecialty » December 26th, 2005, 10:32 am

I don't have any other insurance to cover the bills. My attorney and L&I have been going back and forth in telephone mediation conference hearings since October 3rd!! I have repeatedly talked to him about the bills and sent him copies. In his recent demand to L&I, he mentions nothing about the bills despite that the bills were incurred while the claim was still open! Whereas they had previously covered medical for my neck injury, they are now claiming that the neck injury is not part of the claim. Go figure! One of the bills is almost $1,000 for physical therapy. Given the senstivity of timeline and being in the midst of mediation, I would be hard pressed to get another attorney to take the case at this point anyway.

Thanks for the advice and I'll keep this in mind if I am sent to collection for any of these outstanding bills.
nativespecialty

Return to Main Injured Workers' Forum