cost of living adjustment, California

This can be discrimination in employment or disability-related.

Moderator: Webmaster

Postby carlus » March 2nd, 2009, 8:46 pm

A law was past that gives permanently disabled workers colas, as long as they were not injured before 2003.

I was injured in 1992, and awarded 100% permanently disability in 1997. Since then, my disability check as decreased in value by at least 30%.

Is there anyone here in a similar situation and would like to try to do something about it?

I believe that the law discriminates against us.
carlus

Postby mrxtramean » March 3rd, 2009, 4:09 pm

write your
Congress and yell about it.

Tell your congress that the country needs Universal health care and it needs to include, short, long and permanent disability as well as workers compensation.

Go to Congress.org and enter your zip code on the right.

Coming soon-
www.oregonworkerscompensation.net
mrxtramean

Postby carlus » March 3rd, 2009, 8:46 pm

I've written both the state assembly person and state senator, and the congressman for my district, and both my Calif. senators, Boxer and Feinstein.

Made phone calls to them as well.

The result is pretty consistent. Either no response, or no help unless I can tell them specifically how they can help me without their doing any work.

My next step is to try to get a list of all the workers comp. people in my shoes. I figure their must be thousands left behind without any increase in their stipends for years. If I could get their names and addresses, get them organized, get them to write letters and make phone calls, then,,,,,
carlus

Postby C Rachal » November 5th, 2009, 12:01 am

I was awarded 100% in 1995 and I also feel jaded. I believe it would be posible to get cost of living adjustments with the right attorney at the right court house. We need to take this further. I have some connections.
C Rachal

Return to Discrimination Against Injured Worker