Fired for Personality Conflict when reported injury

This can be discrimination in employment or disability-related.

Moderator: Webmaster

Fired for Personality Conflict when reported injury

Postby PAT97402 » May 17th, 2005, 9:47 pm

After complaining about pain to the safety manager, after heavy lifting (not part of my job), I refused to lift a third heavy package and was yelled at, in front of co-workers, for being argumentative and impossible to work with. A week later I was layed off, two weeks latter I was sent a letter firing me. I followed up with a doctor after the pain got worse, to find in had a hernia. My intestine had literally broken through my stomach. The personality conflict was that I refused to hurt anymore doing a job that was not mine to do. This was with Madill Corporation. I am still waiting for them to accept my claim, but am worried, they will not. Have you ever worked for this company and had a similiar situation?
Now I can't even look for another job, as I am in pain and scheduled for Surgery on May 31. The surgeon says, I will not be able to work for probably a month. What do I do if they deny my claim? :?:
PAT97402

Comment

Postby Guest » October 7th, 2005, 2:32 pm

After complaining about pain to the safety manager, after heavy lifting (not part of my job), I refused to lift a third heavy package and was yelled at, in front of co-workers, for being argumentative and impossible to work with. A week later I was layed off, two weeks latter I was sent a letter firing me. I followed up with a doctor after the pain got worse, to find in had a hernia. My intestine had literally broken through my stomach. The personality conflict was that I refused to hurt anymore doing a job that was not mine to do. This was with Madill Corporation. I am still waiting for them to accept my claim, but am worried, they will not. Have you ever worked for this company and had a similiar situation?

Well as brief as your comment is it explains alot.

Backpain

Postby Fordlist@sterling.org » October 31st, 2005, 10:57 am

I feel for you. I injured my back twenty years ago on a job I didn,t apply for. At the time I wieghed 102 lbs, and I was told that I had to lift 75-90lb boxes of food. I was treated badly for refusing to lift the 90lb boxes of food. I lifted the 75 pound boxes to avoid harassment from a co-worker. A bad mistake.

Doctors, physical fitness trainers and other heath professional advise
that a person should only lift one -quarter of thier wieght so as to avoid the risk of permanent injury to their back.
Uneducated about the seriousness of back injuries, I did what my supervisor told me to do. I did my job, and I've been paying a heavy price for it since then.
I suffer on-going back pain, difficulty in finding employment because of a previous on the job injury, or difficulty keeping a job because of waxing and waining symptons that affect job performance.
Fordlist@sterling.org

Return to Discrimination Against Injured Worker