Does any body ever answer this post?

Post questions and answers, and discuss issues relating to workers' compensation and healthcare in general.

Moderator: Webmaster

Does any body ever answer this post?

Postby ILOVEROBO » September 9th, 2006, 1:10 pm

Does anyone ever answer this post? If so can someone or anyone tell me how they come to the buy out amount if you have a 100% disability with future medical? Do they base it on protental future earning or past medical bills or what? If anyone has information please respond. Thank you.
ILOVEROBO

Maybe i can shed a little light

Postby Iggy962 » September 10th, 2006, 6:53 am

Most state laws provide a formula that considers a percentage of the wages prior to the injury then calculate taking into account the post injury earning ability. This is very generalized and your state should have that information posted somewhere on the internet.
Iggy962

Thank you for the quick reply

Postby ILOVEROBO » September 10th, 2006, 8:12 am

So whould i look under workman compensation law or california state like what law? Settlement law? I am not sure were to go from here? Thamk you for the light on the subject..
ILOVEROBO

Provide specifics including state of injury

Postby Webmaster » September 15th, 2006, 1:23 am

Workers' comp laws are complex. We get posts where people are vague and many times don't even say what state their injury took place in. Without a state, an answer is impossible.

Many states like Oregon have injured worker ombudsman. They are most informed on current statutes and administrative rules. In our "legal" page we provide links to get information. If it's not in the list, use the dropdown menu.

And remember, we are unpaid volunteers here.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Postby ILOVEROBO » September 15th, 2006, 9:58 am

THANK YOU ,ANY IM SORRY.DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING.I GUESS I WAS HOPE ING SOME ONE OUT THEIR NEW THE LAWS .AND I FORGOT THAT THIS IS A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO SHARE AND VENT .SO THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE AND FOR REMINDING ME. AND BY THE WAY MY STATE IS CALI-FORNIA AS OUR GOOD BUDDY ARNOLD WOULD SAY. THANKS AGAIN
ILOVEROBO

Return to Main Injured Workers' Forum