I was fired when I couldn't come to work with job injury.

Post questions and answers, and discuss issues relating to workers' compensation and healthcare in general.

Moderator: Webmaster

I was fired when I couldn't come to work with job injury.

Postby yoyomomma » February 19th, 2007, 12:59 pm

I was fired two months after I was injured on the job. In Sept I was injured but returned to work with light duty but missed alot of work because of the injury. In Oct I was hurting really bad and after one emergency room visit and two different follow up doctors visits I was released from work till further notice. My employer threatened me if I didn't call him with all the doctors names I was seeing he would fire me. I had my friend call with the information but they stilled fired me. My doctor released me back to work part time for light duty a few months later and L&I is trying to get me to returned to work for the same company that fired me. Can they do this...? The company is now sending me notices I better returned to work by the next week with a signed contract outlining what my "New" job is and what they expect me to do...such as hours, pay, missing work is without pay,...etc... The employer says I have to sign the contract or my benefits with L&I will be terminated. Can they make me sign this contract?

I live in Washington state, have not hired an attorney ...yet, and really didn't want to ...have seen five different doctors of different specialties, am seeing a physical therapist for four months with no improvement.

Help!!
Last edited by yoyomomma on February 19th, 2007, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoyomomma

Where injured?

Postby Webmaster » February 19th, 2007, 1:10 pm

What workers' comp. system (state, country, etc.) were you in? I ask because we get postings from all over the world even though we're Oregon based.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Where injured?

Postby yoyomomma » February 19th, 2007, 1:14 pm

[quote="Webmaster"]What workers' comp. system (state, country, etc.) were you in? I ask because we get postings from all over the world even though we're Oregon based.[/quote] I live in Washington State. Sorry for not mentioning that.

Thanks
yoyomomma

Washington State

Postby Webmaster » February 19th, 2007, 1:20 pm

Sorry,

I know little about Washington laws. I'd suggest http://home.earthlink.net/~kdgardiner/poli/toc.html. Their contact form is at http://home.earthlink.net/~kdgardiner/poli/contact/contact.html.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Postby catlady » April 13th, 2007, 10:06 pm

I have read on this forum from some to not hire an atty. I could not have done this on my own. Get some help. It is so complicated in my state that you practically need a degree to navigate the system. I consider myself reasonably intelligent but the insurance company will take advantage of all mis-steps and missed deadlines to end this claim. Hope this helps. Good luck!
catlady

Return to Main Injured Workers' Forum