Is schedule of awards payment reportable to insurance co?

Post questions and answers, and discuss issues relating to workers' compensation and healthcare in general.

Moderator: Webmaster

Is schedule of awards payment reportable to insurance co?

Postby okeydokey » October 18th, 2005, 3:20 pm

Here is my problem. I got injured at work a number of years ago, the injury was accepted, I received my back pay from OWCP, I recovered and went back to my normal job and never filed for a schedule of award settlement on this injury. I will call this injury #1. Then last year I tore a rotator cuff and was off work for that repair, the injury was accepted by OWCP and I again recieved all my back pay from them, I will call this injury #2, I did not file for a schedule of awards for this injury either at the time. But when I tried to go back to my job... I could not do it because the previous old injury (#1) had gotten really bad and I had to file a recurrence claim. I have been off now with that injury. I have a private disability policy that has been paying me while I have been off work, waiting for OWCP to accept the recurrence. While it has taken 1 1/2 years for OWCP to accept this recurrence, I filed for a schedule of awards for injury #2 while I am dealing with the recurrence of #1. Well OWCP paid me a large lump sum, and then has been paying me monthly payments until the award is paid. Now.....OWCP has accepted the recurrence of injury #1.
This is my question....I know that when OWCP sends me my back pay for the last 1 1/2 years, I have to send it to my private disability insurance because they have been paying me my lost wages all this time. But do I have to give them the schedule of awards money that was given to me for my lose of use? If anyone knows the answer to this I would surly appreciate a response. Thank you!
okeydokey

for what it is worth

Postby ray w » October 21st, 2005, 6:26 pm

before you do anything I would make sure that you contact an attorney,most offer a free inital conseltation.that way you are covering your butt.Better to be safe than sorry.
ray w

Postby Guest » October 24th, 2005, 7:23 pm

yeah I figured that's the safest way to go...thank u for your response

Return to Main Injured Workers' Forum