timely filing

Post questions and answers, and discuss issues relating to workers' compensation and healthcare in general.

Moderator: Webmaster

timely filing

Postby lsliving » April 12th, 2005, 12:13 pm

Looking for help in defending against a claim rejection based on missing a filing deadline. We have a hearing coming up but would like any info we could get to help mitigate this error. The back injury at issue has been recognized and medical eved. supports the claim, but the timely filing issue seems to be the issue that the insurance company is using to blow this case away. This is an oregon case.
lsliving

Postby CMiska » September 5th, 2005, 8:08 am

Did you report this to the employer and if so, why if any reason has the employer give for not filing this claim. Have you checked with you local labor commission on any advice also
CMiska

Back injury

Postby Guest » December 8th, 2005, 3:03 am

I was denied discovery when it was well within and by the time I knew how serious it was, I was over the one year limit for making a claim. I knew it hurt but none of the Dr's were willing to tell me about it or they didn't know, I guess they are scared of you know who, well I understand being scared. Im scared too. You see no one would go over the MRI with me and 9 months after, I happend to get the images the complete set that was not printed on films, yes many were never printed to film, I wonder who was responsable for that? Well if "they" can have these images removed and the screening document cleaned "they" have the power to do alot more I imagine. Im scared and I don't know what to do. I don't even know if im the one yer looking for.

Postby swept under the rug » December 21st, 2005, 2:17 am

?
Even if you don't know for sure any help at all would be greatly appreciated .. loosing our house is now becoming a real possibility and I can't even get the back pay im owed much less any kind of repair...

See the wc ins co knew all along since they were trying to force the mri cost on to my health ins, a phone call from the health ins rep asked ""what when something had happend to your back?"" well no one had told me any thing was wrong! 2 doctors and their office ppl made no mention to me at all. it was shortly after "they" knew of the pending mri that the office ppl became jaded towards me, changed the mri hospital on me and then after the mri now canceled my follow up visit that was scheduled shortly after the mri. yet no mention of it on the screening document, and no mention from my other Dr. it was about a week after this when i received the phone call above and when I asked the Ins rep what was found? i got a long quiet pin drop moment and said nothing! again i asked what was wrong and nothing was offered to me, I made it clear that no one had told me any thing about it , my hearing was put on hold so the INS co could have the discovery of this mri and I was told nothing. where was my discovery? 9 months latter and 2 weeks before the three wise ime Dr's declared me to have nothing permanent. I even gave the images to them and pointed out the fact of the unprinted films that show the damage. Even one of them already knew something about it, he mumbled something about a disc to the other two and dismissed it, he then decided not to put me through the rest of the obstical coarse in the exam fearing it would be too painful. Now from what I have read this is clearly a combined condition but I'm nobody by my self.
swept under the rug

Where are you from, maybe I can help you

Postby Dr. Nichols » December 27th, 2005, 8:53 pm

I may be able to help you.

Dr. Nichols
Dr. Nichols

Postby swept under the rug » December 29th, 2005, 12:26 am

I am from Oregon, I sure hope so and bless you for even posting.
swept under the rug

Postby swept under the rug » January 11th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Your move Doc...
swept under the rug

Postby swept under the rug » February 9th, 2006, 6:39 am

Hello Dr. Nichols,

I see that there are more than 2 or 3 "Dr. Nichols" just here in Oregon. How do I get in touch with you? Do you still think you could help me? I thought you might give me a way to contact you or at least explain that you cannot. You gave me a bit of hope for a few days, for that I must thank you for even those few days. I hope you are for real. I still don't know what to do. Please help me?

Thank you for your time
Injured Worker
swept under the rug
swept under the rug

Postby Guest » April 2nd, 2006, 8:33 am

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Return to Main Injured Workers' Forum