Re: injured worker vocational assistance

Author Subject: Re: injured worker vocational assistance
Frank Lehn Posted At 07:32:32 11/28/2000
I am presently going through vocational rehab, enrolled as a full-time student at Clark College in Vancouver. By next June I will have earned my Certificate of Proficiency in Electronic Pre-press, although the classes required for that certification will apply toward a large number of related certifications, mostly in the graphic communications and electronic (computer) publishing fields. Right now there is a high demand for people with training in those fields, and even the starting pay is a livable wage. I may not start out at the $20 per hour that I made working in a mill, but I would rather earn less doing a job that wasn't slowly killing me.

My only complaint about this process -- and it *is* a serious complaint -- is the usual communication problems in dealing with the bozos at L&I. But of course, that is a problem with any kind of dealings with them. I don't know what the qualifications for becoming a case manager are, but common sense and decency certainly are not among them.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]