Voc. Rehab Rush

Author Subject: Voc. Rehab Rush
Mernie Posted At 13:38:40 12/03/2000
Hi all. I am in Calif. Just read the posting below on voc. rehab. I am just curious if anyone can help me know what's going on?? (Will try to find out tomorrow also when I talk to atty again!!). I was P&S by an ins IME & was deemed QIW. (We are fighting this in court next week) as my own doc hasn't rel. me yet and I was on TTD. Ins. since cut me off!!

All of a sudden I have been bombarded w/voc rehab school letters. One from my own atty and one from ins. Ins. ltr says check which box I want to do. Consult w/voc rehab counselor to see if I would benefit from it, want it now, want it but not now, or not at all. I call atty, tell her I don't want it. I am applying for SSDI. She knew this all along. She says just check box I want it but not now. (to preserve the option). I do and state reason (neck hurts, shoulder problems, fingers hurt, numb hands)due to Bi lateral CTS and all the related RSI's). Other stuff for SSDI.

What I want to know is why shortly after this the ins. sent me a letter about rehab again, (probably didn't get the one I sent back) and in this letter was the start of my voc rehab payments w/a check enclosed. How can they start sending checks when I haven't even seen counslor or got an approved program from my doc (theirs) or otherwise. Wouldn't they want to know that I'm enrolled in some sort of program.

Friday I just got another letter (they got the other one obviously) that VRMA payments are interrupted/deferred until 5/6/01 because I don't want to participate now. Also they overpaid me!! What a joke. Anyone know what games they are playing??? Please share your thoughts if you can. Thanks Mernie

P.S. JC if your reading this, you were such a big help on the court issue!!

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]