A Test, Retrain the Typical Office Girl for Heavy Construction

Author Subject: A Test, Retrain the Typical Office Girl for Heavy Construction
Tarzan Posted At 11:10:46 12/13/2000
Governor Ostrich included, let's have a small group of office girls, take a 5 month crash coarse on heavy construction.

To include working out doors, when it's over 80-90 degrees, and under 10 degrees.

Sideways Rain. Wind at 40-60 miles per hour.

Also when the weather is perfect, and anyone would want to be outside.

Hanging under the Marquam Bridge, full doggy tied off. For Safety.

Also making connections, and working the leading edge, of the new buildings down town Portland. Also Full Doggy Tied Off.

Can you imagine carrying heavy loads and placing them exactly where they need to be, when you are standing on something that wiggles as you walk, and you are over 100-feet in the air.

I would have to guess most people would say, it takes a special kind of person to want to do this for a living.

So why do the office girls in charge of worthle$$ comp. think, it's OK to retrain the man that does this kind of stuff for a living, and calls it fun, to be an office girl.

I would think the possibility of making the transition from office girl to construction worker, would be as retarded as making a construction worker into an office girl.

And yet every day that is exactly what they try to do with 5 months of intensive training, and no background, and experience in office Girling.

And being an obvious dirt bag to boot.
Advocate Re: A Test, Retrain the Typical Office Girl for Heavy Construction (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:42:04 12/13/2000

What is the point of your posting. As usual most readers of this forum
don't understand your postings.
Your postings are like reading a first graders writting.

Who is Governor Ostrich
Advocate Re: A Test, Retrain the Typical Office Girl for Heavy Construction (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 11:20:32 12/14/2000

Do you work for Liberty Northwest?

Or are you just stupid?
Posted At 12:21:47 12/14/2000

No I don't work for liberty Northwest.
I am also an Injured worker, I was injured in 1996, I consider myself an advocate for Injured workers, I am in constant contact with my district representative. One thinmg that everyone here needs to realize is that their are alot of new lawmakers this session, Our Legislature is a citizen body made up from private citizens, Many of them don't have an understanding of Oregons comp system, If you want to make a difference get in touch with these new lawmakers and educate them about what you have had to go through, That is the only way that this system will ever be changed.
The laws have to changed by lawmakers, Forums like this won't make a difference to them.

I understand what Tarzan is going through, I am experiencing the same thing. But I am using my time constructively.
If you really want to make a difference contact you representative in Salem
The average representative has 95,000 people in their district, For every letter they receive, it represents a large number of people with the same concern. There is nothing wrong with venting. Oregonians typically complain and do nothing about the problems, Look at the WTO protests, Breaking windows won't make a difference, Venting in a message forum won't make a difference, Working to bring to light what injured workers are forced to endure will.

This message forum good for injured workers to make contact with each , Stop other repeating the same thing over and over.
Work to educate our lawmakers, No matter what you may think about them, we are stuck with the people who are put in Salem, make the best of it.

Write letters, make phone calls, e-mail them. The average person in this state doesn't have clue as to who their representatives are, That should tell you something, Get Involved, Quit using this forum as a place to complain and work to change the system for all injured workers not just yourselves.
but stop sitting on your hands and get involved
Suzy Re: A Test, Retrain the Typical Office Girl for Heavy Construction (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 18:02:41 12/18/2000

I have to say this is one of the better postings I have seen from you!! You are right on the money

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]