Author Subject: I need ADVICE PLEASE?
Mike maxey Posted At 14:59:27 12/22/2000
Hi i work with adults with mental retardtion and on sept 9 1999 i was injuried myjob requires us to do physical restraints on adults with mental retardation when needeed ok here my problem my employer made me work with 2 adult man who have major behaviors each man require by law 1 staff per patiant i was watch 2 adults with require 6 ppl to restrain them if they went off. while i was taking care of one the othercharged me in my back causing a ruptured L-5 disc i had surgry i am on w/c here my question? i in delaware why cant a employee hold the employer responisble for wrongful suit in other words im being told my case if with w/c not my employer who caused me to be injured if ainury happens becuse of a employer fault and you can prove that why cant employee take employers to court? lawyer said by law i cannot? dont make sense anyone know im despared i was hurt and i want make sure noone else has o get hurt mike
moneymamma.com Re: I need ADVICE PLEASE? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:52:40 12/26/2000

i think you should sue because you were hurt on the job
betty cook Re: I need ADVICE PLEASE? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 23:43:48 06/23/2001

I work with 9 adults and one client that requires several staff to use mant holds i have 1 staff person with me if you had used the right mant holds and guidelines you would have not gotten hurt my employer sees that if a client goes off you are required by law to get another staff i find it hard to think that you were alone with 2 hard to handle clients.

Post Reply:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]