How do I find out award amounts for degree of injury

Author Subject: How do I find out award amounts for degree of injury
Racked over the coals Posted At 10:13:54 12/28/2000
Is there any where I can find out the calulations of degree of injury for awards. I have been told I have a 80% disabilty in my leg..what degree is this and what is the possible award. I have so many bills to pay, I need some hope or light at the end of this very long tunnel. Any thing to look forward to would be nice. Does anyone know. My friends boyfriend recieved $5,700 for his broken foot..heck he was only in a cast 6 weeks. i have had several surgeries and in a cast for 7 months, just wondering
Old Timer Re: How do I find out award amounts for degree of injury (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 12:07:08 12/28/2000

Racked:
If you are covered by Oregon workers comp law you should go to the ORS (Oregon Revised Statutes) that pertain to permanent partial disability. You can find some information under ORS 656.214 thru ORS 656.218. There the law speaks to degrees of disability and awards of a certain dollar amount per degree of disability.

I hope that this helps you a little?
Old Timer
mac Re: How do I find out award amounts for degree of injury (Currently 1 replies)
Posted At 13:22:42 12/28/2000

First you need to let me know what if you have an Oregon claim. Next, -- who told you that you have 80% disability to your leg? If this is true under the Workers' Compensation System in the State of Oregon, and your damage is below the kneejoint, 80% is equal to 108 degrees, each degree is worth a dollar amount. Depending on the date of your injury, this dollar amount is established by the Legislature and changed from time to time. Presently it is approximately $ 500.00 per degree.
If your disability includes areas above the knee, the 80% is based on 120 degrees. In order to assist you properly I would have to know specifics. Feel free to e-mail me at above address or continue to post on the board.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]