W/C & SSD

Author Subject: W/C & SSD
Shirley Posted At 22:19:33 01/07/2001
Hi I injured my back at work in June of '99, I went to a Sports and Rehab Dr, who told me he could do nothing more for me, even though I hurt like you know what!!!!!! I asked for a second opinion and he told me no, so I went and hired a lawyer, finally the Doc let me go for my 2nd opinion. When I went into this Dr. he put my MRI up on the x-ray board and showed my husband and I where my spinal cord was being compressed, since I had already gone through P/T, epidurals, and still had pain and numbness, spasms the whole go round he said the only thing he could offer me was surgery, Well W/C sent me to their IME Dr. who said one thing to my face and wrote a letter with a whole lot of crap to the ins. co. so W/C denied paying for my surgery, well my own ins co. wouldn't pay all along because it was W/C related, finally W/C sent a final denial letter to my lawyer which enabled me to get my own private ins co to pay for my surgery. Well I had the lamenictomy w/fusion, and only my own bone graft.
Right after surgery I could feel the difference in my legs, the heaviness and numbness was gone, well I seemed to progress, then all of a sudden I started having numbness, spasms incontinence can't sleep but in my recliner, can not even lay down for P/T. I have a Dr. appt. along with a letter for my Dr. on the 10th of this month asking him to fill out my forms for SSD. Thanks just needed to vent because I have been through the whole process so far and it really sucks. I really look forward to my TTD benefits versis my paycheck, it is really making me rich.
Tarzan Re: W/C & SSD (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 00:25:46 01/08/2001

You can see why they denied your claim, the posibility of a problem. Now they can say they told you so. Let's them off the hook.

Sorry it didn't go better for you.

I know you don't want to hear it, but maybe another scan to determine where the blockage is.

Which would lead to another surgery, maybe.
Chris Re: W/C & SSD (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 15:53:16 01/10/2001

Maybe instead of SSDI you should just get a job and work. I know people who still work with a 7 level fusion and also parapalegics. I guess you really do just want to sit home and collect a free check. Go back to work, you will respect yourself more in years to come.
DISCUSTED Re: W/C & SSD (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 07:39:10 01/16/2001

CHRIS......GET A LIFE! OR AT LEAST A HEART! YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY NEVER FELT REAL PAIN. MAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY EXPERIENCE ALL THAT YOU CONDEM OTHERS FOR IN ALL ITS GLORY! YOU MUST WORK FOR WORKMANS COMP.

SHIRLY....I WISH NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR YOU. I LITERALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN. AND VENTING DEFINATLY SEEMS A PART OF THIS SITE! AND MUCH MORE CONSTRUCTIVE THAN WITHOUT COMPASSION FOR A FELLOW HUMAN BEING, CONDEMING AND DEGRADING THOSE OF US SUFFERING WITH NO END IN SITE

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]