Termination

Author Subject: Termination
dave Posted At 14:39:41 01/09/2001
Been on worker's comp since 97 (Canada), just received notice of termination,any advice welcome to problem
Chris Re: Termination (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 15:47:30 01/10/2001

Dave, after 3 years you should get a life and get back to work. Quit living off the people that pay insurance.
UNJUDGEMENTAL Re: Termination (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 13:45:07 01/16/2001

CHRIS IS THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE! SEEMS S/HE HAS THE SAME ALL KNOWING SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE, AND SHOULD BUTT OUT IF S/HE CAN'T GIVE SOME CONSTRUCTIVE ADVISE INSTEAD OF JUST CRITICING OTHERS THAT S/HE HAS NO IDEA OF THE PROBLEM. HAS TO BE A W/C EMPLOYEE.
AS FOR YOUR TERMINATION...GET A LAWYER THAT SPECIALIZES IN W/C LAW. CONSULTATIONS ARE USUALLY FREE,AND CASES ARE USUALLY PAID FOR BY W/C WHEN/IF YOU WIN YOUR CASE. A LAWYER WON'T TAKE A CASE THAT THEY'RE SURE NOT TO WIN. EITHER WAY YOU CAN FIND OUT WHERE YOU STAND AND WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE. I WOULD NOT ASSUME TO GIVE FURTHER ADVISE...ESPECIALLY WITHOUT KNOWING YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES.
Termination Re: Termination (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 18:31:07 01/16/2001

thanks for the reply, unjudgemental,
linda b. Re: Termination (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:52:44 01/22/2001

hi dave,

I was terminated by my employer also, I've been to my union, and to my lawyer, but I have an interview with the fair employment and housing, they are associated with the american's with disabilities act, and they handle this kind of issues, maybe you should look into this. Also, find an attorney that not only specializes in work comp but also the ADA law (american's with disabilities act). I feel my employer should accomodate me in some way, you probably feel the same way.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]