WORKMANS COMP. LUMP SUM SETTLEMENT

Author Subject: WORKMANS COMP. LUMP SUM SETTLEMENT
R CLOUTHIER Posted At 13:50:31 01/13/2001
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO DO WITH MY SETTLEMENT AS FAR AS INVESTING IT AND AVOIDING TAXES ON EARNINGS UNTIL MY RETIREMENT
LP Re: WORKMANS COMP. LUMP SUM SETTLEMENT (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 20:02:38 01/13/2001

Depends on HOW much you got. I would suggest a ROTH IRA and/or S & P 500.
You KNOW the Gov wants whatever they can get at ANY cost. Talk to a financial advisor FIRST before making any decisions. Hope it was a bundle, as I am quite sure you earned it with the pain & suffering you've endured along with the injustice of this corrupt system. Good Luck!! LP
Advocate Re: WORKMANS COMP. LUMP SUM SETTLEMENT (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:26:34 01/16/2001

Make sure all the Medical bills are taken care of before spending or investing it all.....
stephanie Re: WORKMANS COMP. LUMP SUM SETTLEMENT (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 03:09:36 01/17/2001

sombody help i was injured on the job i know nothing about any of workmans comp all i know icant live on what i get i injured my hand severly on my job i can never use my hand again it has and still is causing me a lot of pain and depression has set in i can no longer work it was my dominate hand that i injured and from using my other hand for everything i hve carpol tunnel in the other hand iam so lost and depressed becouse of this what can i do and should i do workmans comp dosent help alt and i have no insurance for my non work related injury sombody please help
John Collins Re: WORKMANS COMP. LUMP SUM SETTLEMENT (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 14:14:35 02/27/2001

Are you SURE it's NOT a work related injury? Workman's Comp.
& INS companies will try to make you think it's not.
BJ Whittington, Turner Properties, Philip's A,rena Re: WORKMANS COMP Ins. not paying, still injured (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 01:34:55 03/13/2001

I was injured OTJ in Sept 99. risk management gave the wrong Ins. carrier
information. Months later when everything was filled w/ the correct
ins. co. there are denieing the claims because of the time factor I think.
Should I get an Atty.? how long do I have before a sute can be filed?
and if I seek help do they go after the ins. co. or my employer?
bigbrad Re: WORKMANS COMP. LUMP SUM SETTLEMENT (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 13:39:51 06/25/2001

I WAS INJURED IN BOTH HANDS HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL,EMPLOYER FIRED ME ,FOUND OUT I GOT CTS IN BOTH HANDS,NOW IM PLAYIN THE WAITIN GAME,INSURANCE CARRIER IS NOT PAYING YET,I NEED SURGERY,I GOT A LAWYER ON IT LAST MONTH SO FAR HE GOT ME ONE MONTHS BACK PAY FOR COMP GOIN TO THE NEXT HEARING ON JULY 5,WHAT SHOULD I BE PREPARED FOR AND WHAT ABOUT MY SURGERY?ANY HELP OR IMFORMATION WILL HELP
delbert stephens insurance wont pay for my meds I had a heart attack because of it (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 17:43:55 07/08/2001

I cant get the insurance to pay for my meds they have payed for years but cause I havent been to the dr for a year they cut off my meds what do I have to do

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]