need advice on what's next

Author Subject: need advice on what's next
c. alan Posted At 11:26:32 01/24/2001
Hi, first of all I am from Oregon. I broke my hip on the job a little more than a month ago and have had surgury to repair the break. Because of my internal anatomy the docter was only able to use screws rather than a plate and screws meaning a longer recovery and the possibility that the hip won't be a stable as possible. So far the w.comp insurance has paid for everything and has gotten me my disability checks, there have been a few mistakes but they have fixed them. I am close to flat on my back and will be for the next six weeks, then I can slowly begin to put weight back on my leg. I'm not real sure what lies ahead as far as my recovery goes. My question is what does the process hold in store for me? Many people have told me to consult with an attorney for a possible settlement, is this neccessary? Can I even expect a settlement when this is done? I tend to be trusting which I think could cost me in a situation like this. Any advice on what I should expect would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]