fired on workmans comp.

Author Subject: fired on workmans comp.
Rebecca bradley Posted At 02:02:39 02/02/2001
i live in ca. i was hert on the job. 12 week after my ingery i was termanated can i sue? or would it be worth it? and how long would it take i have been on workmans comp for almost 2 years.i have had surgery on my neck and will probably have more befor its over. i still can't work becuse of the pain i am in all the time. i'm woried about fiances.
Mike Re: fired on workmans comp. (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 21:47:59 02/02/2001

Get a lawyer.
You should have never tried to do this on your own.
If you live in the L.A. area, e-mail me and I will give you the name of a good lawyer.
GOOD LUCK
IWIC Re: fired on workmans comp. (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 23:44:09 04/11/2001

We've got this message:

Your help is needed,
Please go to www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?XWCN
Sign the petition,bring it to the attention of every injured worker you know,PLEASE DO IT NOW.
YOU WILL FIND ME THERE>
Sharon McElroy

If you are interested in, please respond and send this message forward, to whom it may concern. Thank you

Also welcome to our site at: http://members.home.net/injuredworkers
Junie Moon Re: fired on workmans comp. (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 08:46:44 06/14/2001

2 wks. ago I had surgery(triger finger release/removal of sonival fluid pockets) this was on a Wed. Saturday of the same wk. I received a Cert. letter telling me I was layed off. Is this leagal? When I went to the unemployment office to apply for unemployment coverage (Ga.) 2 people there told me to call my worker's comp rep. I cannot receive unemployme benifits until worker's comp releases me. I knew that. When I called the rep. on my case at worker's comp, she said she knew all about it, that she and the plant mngr. talked it all over the wk. before I had my surgery,and they found it necessary for the betterment of the company. Does anyone know if it's legal in Ga. for this to happen? Tks Junie Moon

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]