Sue employer from a crew cheif discrimation during a L&I injury

Author Subject: Sue employer from a crew cheif discrimation during a L&I injury
eric Posted At 21:26:52 02/22/2001
could any one help me! I was injured on the job and work for the city of seattle parks dept. I needed surgery from my injurys and when i returned to work on modifed dutie I was treated unfaily and with retallation from my crew cheif and they also went aganst my doctors return to work orders. WHoo do I sue? my employer or my crew cheif? and is there state agencys that would help me?
Don't Re: Sue employer from a crew cheif discrimation during a L&I injury (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 11:17:55 02/24/2001

Eric,

No matter what don't go against your work restrictions, simply refuse to do the work that is out of those restrictions. Doing work that is against your modified status can get you in big trouble not to mention if they want to take a picture of you doing it then it will show you going against the restrictions not them making you. I would suggest calling your Lawyer, hopefully you have one if not get one ASAP, and call your doctor and tell him that they are making you work against your restrictions.

You need to call a Ombudsman in the state offices, they represent your rights. But personally if it were me I would get a lawyer, my employer tried to do the same thing to me, even going so far as to throw stuff at me and another injured worker, but after they found out I got a lawyer they played by the rules.

When you get a lawyer if you don't already have one, he can help you with wheather you can sue or not, work comp. is still protected from being sued in some states so find out if your in one of them.

But like I said if you go against your restrictions its 50-50 and if they can document it then sometimes your case can be dismissed, so wouldn't you rather have them disipline you for sticking with your restrictions, that having your case dismissed because you didn't. They can't fire you for sticking with your restrictions, they can for something unrelated. As far as your crew cheif he has a supervisor right? Wait til he hears that you have a lawyer, watch him sweat....Just remember to watch yourself, and the rest should fall into place, but if you don't have a lawyer GET ONE or at least get a consultation from one. They will usually tell you if you have a case or not.And usually you don't pay anything until you win, and if you don't have a case they usually don't charge for the first meeting.
I have had a lawyer for 3 yrs. and haven't paid him anything, I will when my case is done but thank heavens I had him, he saved me alot of grief and the game playing stopped. Good Luck!
Hal Re: Sue employer from a crew cheif discrimation during a L&I injury (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 05:13:23 02/25/2001

You should visit the WI home page. Near the top there's a page link for Washingtonians. The WA AFL-CIO is linked there. They have a detailed page on WC at http://www.wslc.org/legis/workcomp.htm

If you use this site's search engine and type Washington, you'll find other links.

Good luck
IWIC Re: Sue employer from a crew cheif discrimation during a L&I injury (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 23:34:14 04/11/2001

We've got this message:

Your help is needed,
Please go to www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?XWCN
Sign the petition,bring it to the attention of every injured worker you know,PLEASE DO IT NOW.
YOU WILL FIND ME THERE>
Sharon McElroy

If you are interested in, please respond and send this message forward, to whom it may concern. Thank you

Also welcome to our site at: http://members.home.net/injuredworkers

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]