Illinois Workman Comp questions

Author Subject: Illinois Workman Comp questions
Gene Atkison Posted At 09:21:55 03/02/2001
I was injured in a car accident while I was on a business trip with my boss. The car hit ice, spun out of control, flipped over at least 3 times, and we rested on the roof of the car. I did not seek medical attention immediately rather we rented a car and came home. At that point I did go to the ER and found that I had multiple concusions, an acute cervical sprain and was out of work for 2 weeks. Comp did pay for my lost wages but I have yet to hear anything from them since I returned to work. I have been release from therapy and was lead to believe that they would contact me quickly to resolve this case. I am not sure of what I need to do. Do I need to push the issue myself? I do not want to hire an attorney so I am wondering what type of settlement should I expect? Will medical issues from the accident be covered after the settlement? Any information that anyone could give me would certainly be appreciated.
G
Shawn Davis Re: Illinois Workman Comp questions (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 21:16:14 03/29/2001

Hi Gene, I am in Illinois and can tell you that workers comp. will drag this out for a long period of time. I would guess almost a year. I have been injured at work and have been denied everything. But a friend of mine has a much simpler case and he was injured in early summer '99 and his court date is 4/5/01. I wish I could help more...good luck. By the way we are with Esis work. comp., maybe others are better. Shawn
IWIC Re: Illinois Workman Comp questions (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 23:31:52 04/11/2001

We've got this message:

Your help is needed,
Please go to www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?XWCN
Sign the petition,bring it to the attention of every injured worker you know,PLEASE DO IT NOW.
YOU WILL FIND ME THERE>
Sharon McElroy

If you are interested in, please respond and send this message forward, to whom it may concern. Thank you

Also welcome to our site at: http://members.home.net/injuredworkers

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]