Finally received Closing Report.. Question

Author Subject: Finally received Closing Report.. Question
Closing Posted At 20:01:09 03/02/2001
Hi,
I was made Medically Stationary on Jan 17th of this year.. I continued to receive time loss until getting my closing report today.. The insurance Carrier told me that they had to continue paying until I received the report.. My question is am I going to have to pay back the money paid to me from Jan 17 until now?

Tarzan Re: Finally received Closing Report.. Question (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 10:18:44 03/03/2001

They'll call that overpayment, so then you owe them money, trying to scare you into an early and relatively cheap settlement, and it'll work, always has, always will, until they change the laws to help the hurt, broke down.

They have billions, and all the time in the world, you have relatively nothing.

Good Luck
Webmaster Re: Finally received Closing Report.. Question (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:17:05 03/03/2001

Tarzan

Please research the question before answering.

More that likely you won't have to pay back the money.

Becoming medically stationary and waiting for your doctor to issue a finaly report can take a little while.
A final exam has to be done by your attending physician, Not the Insurance company. The Insurance company then issues the final report.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Good Luck.
jimchudy Re: Finally received Closing Report.. Question (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 03:54:49 03/04/2001

I think they do have to pay you until you get the report. I believe that
is the way it works. Also if your doctor submitted the TTD to continue
for a time beyond their termination date, you should be entitled to
benefits up to another appeal hearing date on this matter. I think there
is some referenceable case that makes
this valid. After a hearing the judge will finalize a closure, but if
this works you may be entitled to on going benefits up to the hearing date.
This happened to me. Its worth looking into.

I may be in left field on this, but ask your attorney.
IWIC Re: Finally received Closing Report.. Question (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 23:30:33 04/11/2001

We've got this message:

Your help is needed,
Please go to www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?XWCN
Sign the petition,bring it to the attention of every injured worker you know,PLEASE DO IT NOW.
YOU WILL FIND ME THERE>
Sharon McElroy

If you are interested in, please respond and send this message forward, to whom it may concern. Thank you

Also welcome to our site at: http://members.home.net/injuredworkers
The prior posts are wrong Re: Finally received Closing Report.. Question (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 03:06:53 04/24/2001

Claimant's FOUGHT to obtain this benefit. The insurance is REQUIRED to continue to pay temporary disability benefits until the closure is issue. Any benefits paid AFTER the medically stationary date are considered an overpayment and will be deducted from any permanent partial disability awarded. If you are not awarded any permanent partial disability, you are not required to pay it back. Should you reopen your claim, it will be taken out of future temporary or permanent disability.

You got what you fought for and now you complain. Geez!

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]