Workmans Comp in GA should I settle

Author Subject: Workmans Comp in GA should I settle
Deana Posted At 15:05:07 03/08/2001
I had an OTJ injury and subsequent surgery. I do not have a lawyer. This happened in 1997. I have been receiving weekly checks of 2/3 of my original check. WC now wants to settle with me. My surgery was to place 2 titanium rods in my back to stabalize my spine. I also have SI joint damage and have received injections by an anthesthesiologist. I could face future surgery but right now my docs aren't sure. I have been told not to bend twist or lift. I did try to go back to work last year but couldn't hack it. I was given a job that was 55 miles from where my original job was. I resigned last year. So here I am still disabled. What should I do. They offered me 25,000 but I said no way. I can't sit for long periods of time so a full time job is out of the question. I need answers soon. What is an injury like this worth. My past medical bills are around 75,000. Thanks for all your help. Please email me if possible.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]