herniated disc on job

Author Subject: herniated disc on job
Nancy Posted At 21:37:06 03/20/2001
I herniated a lumbar disc at work. The rehab has been slow and painful. A lot of my research is not real encouaging. This does not seem to be something that ever really heals. What do I do. I worry about my job. I have not been able to return to work, it is four weeks. I try to get the doctor and the physical therapist to give me a time line. They are so non commital. What experience do you have.
dug bug Re: herniated disc on job (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 15:40:35 03/24/2001

I had simliar exsperiance asking about time duration. the work occupation doctor ,said go back to work an swelling, pain ,an knee sticking should go away. Two months later no change even after therapy. Next orthopedic doctor an different physical therapist. ask again about time duration . at least honest don,t know . found out I just couldn,t worry about it. when my employer ask about it . just relayed what doc an therapist said. It just never seem to satisfy him. Dug Bug
Ed Rees Re: herniated disc on job (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 06:27:13 03/25/2001

Good Luck!

I know the feelings you are having I had a lamanectomy in 1972 and have tried to go back to work several times. Make sure you get lifetime medical because the money from your settlement will not last long. I know your pain but only one thing has ever helped mine and that was exercise and believe me get off the drugs as soon as possible it is one big circle down.
Try the back instatute in Salt Lake city they do wonders if you believe
ED
Jaye Re: herniated disc on job (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 02:04:37 04/05/2001

All I can say when I read your description was, "oh my God," I'm going through the exact same thing but, I have two lower herniated discs, and debilitating & severe inflamation in my neck & shoulders. I had a MRI done for my neck & it came out ok?
You would think that in this day in age I'm the only person in medical history, that know Orothopedic back doctor, surgeon, or PT has heard of my symptoms or my even sound familure??
You know, IT's JUST A MISTERY TO THEM. By my own research, I know I either have a pulled muscle or nerve. (I requested an EMG on all four extremities & my neck & this was like being tortured in a 3rd world county!) & showed some in-normalites.
Now, I can't get workers comp. to help me find the correct person to read my EMG one month later & I'm guessing only a Neurologist can... who, where to look besides going through phone book & the list comp. faxes over is another story. Especially in NY.
I hope you have found the proper medical attention & anyone that can give me any in-put would help me so much. I LIVE IN CHRONIC PAIN, INFLAMATION, & NEVER KNOW WHEN I CAN HAVE A "PAIN FREE MOMENT?"
Thank's and good luck to everyone!

signed,
DESPERATE IN NY.
R. Walker Re: herniated disc on job (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 17:33:24 04/16/2001

I have 4 herniated discs in my neck. All is job related. I live in Florida and go to a doctor whom I think is the best in the country.
ADVANCED ORTHOPAEDICS OF SOUTH FLORIDA
Merrill W. Reuter, MD, FACS
Web Site www.spineupdate.com
KENNETH GIBSON Re: herniated disc on job (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 22:29:41 04/29/2001

I'M A MALE 43 I INJURED MY BACK BY FALLING ON A WET FLOOR AT WORK BACK IN 1993 I RESENTLY HAD A SERIES OF 3 BLOCKS THAT SEEM TO HELP, AT LEAST FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IS JUST TEMPORARY. I HAVE A ISSUE WITH THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT I WAS GIVEN BASE UPON 17%DISABILITY. IT SEEMS THAT IT'S A LOT OF B.S. WHEN IT COMES TO THE AMOUNT OF DOLLARS YOU SHOULD RECIEVE IN THE STATE OF OHIO IF YOUF INJURED ON THE JOB. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND, THAT IF I WOULD HAVE RECIEVED THIS TYPE OF INJURY IN A CAR ACCIDENT I WOULD HAVE BEEN WELL PAID. IT SEMS UNFAIR THAT YOUR EMPLORER PAYS YOU VERY LITTLE FOR THE PAIN YOU SUFFER BECAUSE OF THERE MISTAKE. ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAVE RECIEVED A FINAL SETTLEMENT LET ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD EXPECT.
same exact thing Re: herniated disc on job (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:19:32 06/21/2001

myhusband hernited a disk 5 weeks ago- all he's gotten is 4 diff. meds and PT. no answers as to when and if he'll be 100%- there isn't any real light sty for him- thank god he ahs a good boss- but the not knowing is really kiling us

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]