Re: Does workmans comp cover stress leave?

Author Subject: Re: Does workmans comp cover stress leave?
Jimchudy Posted At 08:47:15 03/24/2001
You will want to request an ammended condition for the claim. You will want
your doctors support on this, but you will need an expert psyc doctor
opinion. You will need to see a psyc doctor on your own. You will have to
initially pay for this examination. Hopefully your spouses insurance will
help pay for this exam. This is like you har having your own IME exam
that you are paying for. Since you are paying for it, you will probably
get the results you want. You get what you pay for, as does wc with
their IME's.

You will want to tell the dpsyc doctor your story, and you need a report
that states there is a direct relationship from the wc accident, with an
onset date and the problem (Depression). Once you have a medical psyc
expert state that this disease is work related from the existing claim,
you will request the dondition, depression. WC will send you to one of
their state IME doctors for evaulation, but you are now pro active with
supporting evidence. If you need to go to a wc hearing, hopefully you
will ge granted this condition.

Your case will be much stronger with PSYC conditions. I suggest you go
for this ammended condition. You can get PTD for depression by itself.

Post Reply:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]