copy of letter sent to Congressman can anyone give me advice

Author Subject: copy of letter sent to Congressman can anyone give me advice
Janet Posted At 10:22:53 04/05/2001
Hi, I believe I wrote you about 5 months ago re: my workmans comp case and I thank you for your help. Now I have a bigger problem. I was approved for Workmans Comp last fall due to a job injury with Dept of Defense. Since that time I have been in lots of pain and Dept of Labor supported me i.e. mylograms, epidural shots, therapy, tens unit pain pills etc. Now my dr is ready to perform surgery (laminectomy) on me and needed approval from workmans comp. They denied it saying it was preexisting which is not true at all. It is related to my injury which my dr says it is from. I have two discs L3/4 L4/5 protruding discs that have been pressing on nerve which causes severe pain and he wants to correct it so I can get back to work. I cannot believe workmans comp denied it and supported me up until now. My dr will rebuttal this, but may use health ins if I can to get the under way. My case number is A25566919 and my Case manager is Mrs. Walker at 202-565-9770. Also DOL nurse helping me is Mrs. Susan Joyce and you can reach her at 703-764-3723. I am sitting here in lots of pain waiting on this surgery. Can they actually do this to me. I hope you can help me in any way you can. DOL wants to put me through this all over with another dr and I refuse to do that. I don't need a second opinion. Can you refer me to a lawyer who supports this type of thing. I really hate going that route, but do not know what else to do.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Janet Leaman
301-292-5052

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]