tailbone injury

Author Subject: tailbone injury
americandoll Posted At 20:54:10 04/16/2001
After an ice storm in january of 2000, I had a slip and fall in the employee parking lot. They had neglected to clear or salt the lot. I herniated a disc and had a very painful tailbone injury. I went to the workman comp doctor, he immediately sent me back to work. Since a didn't have a doctors slip I had to work or lose my job, so I worked, unfortunetly I am a city bus driver so the pain has been neverending. I was finally able to see a neurosurgeon, and he wrote a letter to workmans comp telling them I needed to be retrained for another job because the injury wasn't going to get much better. This was concurred by an orthopedic doctor. I have now been off work for over four months and I have never recieved a penny. I haven't officially been denied, but I'm sure I will be my question is should I get a lawyer? Should I go after my employer? I will never be able to drive professionally again, and I am not trained for anything else. I am not sure what to do. I live in Michigan

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]