IME and I still am unable to walk

Author Subject: IME and I still am unable to walk
Just trying to get by Posted At 06:44:53 04/18/2001
I was injured nearly 13 months ago, have had the last surgery on my leg/foot 4 months ago. I am still unable to walk and have great pain and swelling. I am working at a modified position. Now I recieved a letter for an IME next week. I was under the impression that IME's came when they were trying to settle or close a claim. The insurance carrier says they scheduled the IME to make sure I am getting all the treatments I need. Any advise on what to watch for in the IME would be most helpful. Should I take someone with me? Can we tape record the meeting (Oregon)? Thanks
Watchdog Re: IME and I still am unable to walk (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 10:16:08 04/18/2001

You are right about being sent for an IME exam, Normally they don't
send you to one of these so-called doctors until they plan to deny your claim.

You said the carrier wants to make sure that you are getting the proper treatment, Thats a lie.

IME's don't order x-rays, MRI's, or write prescriptions for pain medication
They only deny claims, That's there job, If IME's did actually make sure that you were getting the proper treatment needed it would cost the carrier more money for this treatment.

Surgeries are expensive, Physical therapy is expensive, Your claim is expensive, Thats the bottom line.

Yes, do take a witness, Call the IME office and get permission to have a friend with you.

No, you can't tape record your visit In Oregon.

The IME isn't responsible for your Treatment. Please understand this.
Be Honest and not to forthcoming, they'll ask. Re: IME and I still am unable to walk (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:18:13 04/18/2001

Any questions, or comments can and will be held against you, the less they have, the less they'll have to work with.

You say I can't stand all day, and they'll video you doing something to the contrary.

Remember Gatti & Gatti, they can't use what they video, but somehow they still make a point, of it.

The main menu has lots of comments on IME Exams. Nothing to your advantage.
Jane Doe Re: IME and I still am unable to walk (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 02:32:08 04/24/2001

Maybe if you worked harder at physical therapy and took responsbility for your recovery, you would get better.

The reason for the IME, for some reason, you aren't gettin better. The insurance wants to know why. If there is no medical reason, what are you doing on the side? Yes, video is taken, not just before and after the IMEs, all the time.

I love this forum...what a bunch of crap!
w patient Re: IME and I still am unable to walk (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 22:11:56 04/25/2001

Contact the Ombudsman to get information on your rights. Also, in Oregon attorney fees are paid for by the system - get one if you feel you are not being treated fairly. I went through the IME process - surprise - that quack reaffirmed what all of the healthcare providers had been saying (too back Liberty Northwest wasted close to $6,000 in the process). I hope Jane Doe never has an injury - the reality of the system will be too much for her! WC is an adversarial system and claimants are frequently unfairly stigmatized. I know - I have RSD. I refused to miss work even when my doctor wanted me to be off. I have chronic pain and permanent partial disability. The most important thing I learned is that I would rather die than ever have to deal with the WC system!
hound dog Re: IME and I still am unable to walk (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 23:12:54 04/26/2001

we love to hear from jane and john does both, you are all brain washed by the system and will get yours someday!
Jane Doe's Mom Re: IME and I still am unable to walk (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 15:02:54 06/05/2001

I apologize for my rude and obnoxious child, Jane. She hasn't had her ANIT-SPITEFUL medicine. Jane is also employed by a workman's compensation carrier, that would greatly explain her attitude.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]