Ron Wyden S.6

Author Subject: Ron Wyden S.6
Fred Johnson Posted At 16:14:42 03/13/2000
This is a copy of a letter to me, from Ron Wyden.

Thank you for contacting me to share your support for managed care reform. I appreciate hearing form you, and I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have had with your health insurance company. I am an original cosponsor of S.6 because it would have set federal standards for access, quality and accountability for managed health care plans. In addition, this bill would have required managed health plans to provide patients with access to all doctors, medical information and care they need, including emergency and specialized care.

I am committed to ensuring our health care system works for patients and their health care providers. Quality health care is of the utmost importance, and making quality health care available to those who need it is one of my highest legislative priorities. I will continue to do all I can to make sure that patients receive the best possible health care at the most affordable price. As Congress further considers legislation that deals with this issue, I will be sure to keep your views and needs in mind.

Again, thanks for keeping me apprised of issues that are important to you. If I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Ron Wyden, a real gentleman, and he always has my vote, and all republicans, can rest assured they do not.

senator@wyden.senate.gov
Kay Re: Ron Wyden S.6 (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 11:05:05 03/14/2000

Does S.6 have a provision for suing HMOs? If not it is worthless.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]