Workplace Injured Forum

Author Subject: Workplace Injured Forum
Webmaster Posted At 14:14:39 04/24/2001

This forum has been created so individuals with an interest in worker compensation issues can connect and communicate with one another. We do ask that you try to keep to the topic of this forum.

Considering the real-time nature of this forum and its popularity, it's impossible for us to review many messages or confirm the validity of information posted.

We do not actively monitor the contents of this forum. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the forum administrators.

Rules of Conduct:

You may:

Enjoy yourself.
Challenge us with your questions and comments.
Release your anger at how the comp system has failed you and others.

You may not:
Use profanity.
Threaten or imply physical harm towards others.
Misrepresent who you are in the "Name" box. If you work for an insurance company show some integrity and state this in your posting.
Post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations.
Post any URL's (web sites) unless they are related to our web site's subject matter.
Harass other users. You may "flame-on" if warranted, but not needlessly.
Failure to comply with these simple common sense, common courtesy rules will result in the removal of your message. Repeat offenders will be banned from the system. So, please be nice!
CHRIS Re: Workplace Injured Forum (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 22:16:10 05/16/2001

HI EVERYONE
I TOO WAS INJURED ON THE JOB BACK IN OCT. 2000. I HAVE HAD SURGERY IN DECEMBER ON C6-7. 1997 HAD 5-6 FUSED. EVER SINCE I HAD SURGERY IN DECEMBER I HAVE A DIFFERENT PAIN BUT HAVE HAD IT SINCE COMING OUT OF ANESTHIA. BETWEEN SHOULDER BLADES. SEVER HEADACHES. HAVE BEEN GOING TO PAIN CLINIC. NOTHING IS HELPING AS OF YET. BUT MY QUESTIONS ARE: ONE I AM RECEIVING WORKMANS COMP. DOES MY PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT HAVE TO PAY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE? I KNOW THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY MEDICAL BILLS RELATED TO INJURY BUT WHAT ABOUT MY HEALTH INSURANCE? QUESTION 2 ACCORDING TO MY UNION CONTRACT ONCE YOU ARE OUT 6 MONTHS YOU'VE LOST YOUR JOB. SO TODAY I HAD TO SAY GOOD BY TO A PLACE I'VE WORKED 21 YRS. I PROBABLY HAVE NERVE DAMAGE ACCORDING TO MY PAIN DR. AND ACCORDING TO MY PHYSICIAN SHE HAS SAID TO APPLY FOR SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY AS I AM NOT ABLE TO WORK BECAUSE OF CHRONIC PAIN AND FUSIONS AND THAT IM NOT IN PHYSICAL CONDITION. WORKMANS COMP HAS TO PAY ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE RIGHT? THAT IS IF I DONT SIGN OFF OR TAKE A PAY OUT. I WOULD BE CRAZY TO TAKE A PAY OUT I HAVE 20 YEARS BEFORE RETIREMENT. MY QUESTION IS WHEN IM GETTING WC AND SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY WHEN I RECEIVE MY RETIREMENT MONEY TO ROLL OVER INTO SOMETHING ELSE COULD I USE THIS TO PAY OFF BILLS OR BECAUSE IM RECEIVING SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY AND WC I AM NOT ABLE TO USE THIS UNTIL RETIREMENT? THANKS FOR ANY HELP. ALSO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO E-MAIL ME AND TALK ABOUT THEIR SIMILAR PAIN AND CERVICAL FUSIONS I WOULD BE HAPPY TO DISCUSS. THANKS AGAIN CHRIS

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]