What does 50% scheduled loss mean?

Author Subject: What does 50% scheduled loss mean?
C from NY Posted At 16:31:51 04/28/2001
I had my final IME and am listed with a 50% scheduled loss of my right arm.
I injured it at work in 1999, had surgery in 2000, but never healed properly and suffer with pain and tightness in right arm/shoulder. I am right handed so this has affected my lifestyle quite a bit. Can anyone tell me what to expect when I go to comp. court? I don't have an attorney and I haven't seen too many cases in your forum from NY. I also retired from my job in 2000 (not medical, as there was just too much red tape to go through and I couldn't afford no payments for months). Does anyone know what kind of a settlement I might receive if any? Has anyone else out there dealt with NY? I would appreciate any help or info. Thanks.
greenberg Re: What does 50% scheduled loss mean? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 11:38:02 05/13/2001

A 50% or greater rating in NY will result in a perm classification of the injury and a possible lifetime weekly benefit.
C from NY Re: What does 50% scheduled loss mean? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 00:09:36 05/16/2001

Thank you for the input. This is a first for me so I was curious to know what would possibly happen.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]