Does W/C have guidelines concerning lost time?

Author Subject: Does W/C have guidelines concerning lost time?
John Posted At 01:48:46 05/01/2001
I live in Ohio and was injured on the job. The ER doc said it was a sprained ankle, but it was slow to heal, and after 2 weeks I was referred to an Ortho. Surgeon. He examined my ankle and determined it MIGHT be fractured. I was fitted with a walking cast and scheduled for a C-T scan 2 weeks later. After the CatScan I was scheduled another appointment with my Ortho 3 WEEKS AFTER! I figured they sure were taking their sweet time about it, if I did in fact have a fractured ankle I was concerned of doing further damage because I was treating it like a sprain..... Anyway it's been 6 weeks and I am nowhere near able to walk on it, but all the research I've done on treatment of fractured ankles indicates returning to work 6 weeks after injury.... Now I'm worried W/C is going to put the heat on my Ortho to get me back to work before I'm healed properly..... Does anyone know the procedure W/C goes by in determining such things?
In the same boat Re: Does W/C have guidelines concerning lost time? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 07:00:16 05/02/2001

I am not sure about the time line. But I am in the same boat as you. Went in with a "Sprain" over 1 year ago and I am still not walking. 1 year of cast after cast, a surgery and many doctor appointments later and I am no more closer to doing my regular job than I was the day after the injury. I have returned to work modified duty and get to sit at a desk all day. I have to hobble on crutches at work and it is a real pain in the rearend. I do know that W/C can get you back to work before it is properly healed, if there is some light duty stuff you can be doing. I figure it this way. W/C wages were peanuts compared to what I make an hour shuffling papers and it gets me out of the house. If your only in to this thing 6 or so weeks, heck you have only just begun.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]