general workman's comp frustration, is this typical?

Author Subject: general workman's comp frustration, is this typical?
L.Olson Posted At 10:55:18 05/25/2001
Keeping a long story as short as possible. I was injured at work, slipping on some "black ice". I was told at the time that I suffered a hamstring pull. About 10 months, and a lot of pain later, I finally convinced the company approved clinic to do an MRI. This immediately showed that I had developed "avascular necrosis" resulting in damage to the femoral head and a core decompression was recommended. This I finally had done, and a year and 3 months later, the Dr. finally determined I had reached MMI. The company insurance company followed all of this. I was determined at this time to be relagated to "sedentary" work only. Problem is, I was/am an aircraft mechanic. I now have been meeting with an insurance company vocational counseler trying to get me a suitable job. I know nothing else, I have been a mechanic for 30 years, I worked with the same company for the past 17 years, and no job they can come up with comes close to what I was making, or the value of so many years of seniority.
I guess I just need to know if the insurance company is just required to get me "gainful" employment, no matter how much it costs me in the long run???????? Sure I can find a job, but nothing paying even half of what I was making. The fact that I stuck with this company for 17 years and 2 chapter 11 bankruptcies means NOTHING. They are now making money hand over fist, paying bonuses, etc. Even giving away Ford Explorers for perfect attendance in drawings!!!
Sorry, I just HAD to vent.....
LUCK Re: general workman's comp frustration, is this typical? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 22:47:08 06/07/2001

ARE YOU IN OREGON? they are required to place you at no less than 80% of you pay at time of injury in oregon. I am fighting retraining right now......GOOD LUCK.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]