Workers comp issues and news.

Author Subject: Workers comp issues and news.
Webmaster Posted At 23:08:25 03/26/2000
Greetings everyone

As you all know Workers compensation and politics go hand in hand in Oregon
just look at the destruction these two issues have caused honest and hard
working Oregonians in the last ten years. There are alot of issues surrounding
Workers compensation in Oregon this year, with the upcoming Terry Smothers ruling.
The fight over Measure 81 and the Major contributing cause study due out this fall
with all of these issues surrounding us it is easy to forget why this message forum was created
in the first place, To inform educate and help other injured workers in Oregon
understand what lies ahead of them should they suffer a serious on the job injury, I would
like all contributers to post revelant information about Workers compensation issues
and news and not get caught up in the issues of politics. Although we appreciate everyone's
contributions to this forum I don't want to see it get away from the real issue
Workers compensation.
JUDITH JOHN Re: Workers comp issues and news. (Currently 1 replies)
Posted At 23:56:01 04/23/2000

I HAVE NOT WORKED SINCE MID DECEMBER....MEDICAL LEAVE BECAUSE COMPANY POLICY DID NOT HAVE LIGHT DUTY ONCE WORKMANS COMP BOARD DENIED MY INJURY.
I APPEALED THAT DECISION AND LOST AGAIN ALTHO I HAD NEVER HAD ANY INDICATION OF CARPAL TUNNEL PROBLEMS IN MY LIFE. MD WOULD NOT GIVE A CLEAR STATEMENT THAT INJURY WAS NOT JOB RELATED. WHEN I HAD THE CARPAL TUNNEL SURGERY ON BOTH HAND MY ULNER NERVE WAS CLIPPED AND HAD TO BE MOVED SO NO FURTHER DAMAGE. THE MD SAID IN CTS INJURYS HE WHO YELLS LOUDEST FIRST WINS....MY "ATTORNEY" WANTED TO BACK OUT BEFORE WE WENT TO COURT....WE COULDN'T WIN SHE SAID....CRAWFORD AND CRAWFORD CO. INSURER,
JELD WEN CO. BIG GUNS...NEED HELP....GOOD ATTORNEY......IDEAS?????
Del Re: Workers comp issues and news. (Currently 1 replies)
Posted At 15:19:38 04/28/2000

I am speaking on behalf on myself since Workplace Injured and Injured Workers' Alliance, as organizations, DO NOT recommend any specific attorneys.

I have heard good things about Doug Swanson, out of Portland. He sponsors a U.S West yellow pages info line which is duplicated in the WI Web site Legal Links page here.

You may also want to use the Main WI Search engine (in the main page navigation link section) or the "1st WI Message Board" search engine and type keywords such as "Attorney", "Lawyer", etc. There have many things written about how best to choose an attorney, etc.

Take care, Del

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]