Re: Florida-Injured Worker Can Sue Employer in Tort

Author Subject: Re: Florida-Injured Worker Can Sue Employer in Tort
Margaret Posted At 12:26:27 03/27/2000
Does anyone know if this is also true for the State of Tennessee??
I would like to go after the W/C Dr. for Negligence.
He totally ignored the obvious for the sake of the W/C Insurance.
He gets lots of W/C business.
I fell in our walk - in freezer at work.
I have a condition called RSD, Nerve Damage. I was in stage 1 when
I saw him, now at the end of stage 3. I had a broken piece of bone spur
in the top of my foot, he put off surgery for over 4 months, just kept
"scratching his head". I finally ended up at a Pain Management Dr,
who is a great guy by the way! He actually saw the piece of bone
sticking out of my foot. Thats the only way I ended up getting
the surgery. He raised enough hell that the Dr did the surgery.
I have been told & have read so many I would have to
pay back the W/C benifits I have recieved if I won a settlement from
this Dr. I am still off work, will be rated in about a month I think.
I will have long term problems from this. It is a shame that these Dr's
have forgotten their oath's for the sake of $$. ANy info will be appreciated.
If you know a way I can find out nay court cases showing this has helped
an injured employee please let me know. Thanks, Good Health to everyone!

Post Reply:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]