WIFE WANTS DIVORCE AFTER I SETTLE

Author Subject: WIFE WANTS DIVORCE AFTER I SETTLE
HARDTIME Posted At 15:34:48 06/26/2001
I AM GETTING CLOSE TO SETTLEMENT TIME,AND THEY'RE SAYING I WANT BE ABLE TO WORK ANYMORE WITHOUT TRAINING ,AND MY WIFE SAYS SHE WANTS HALF AND FOR ME TO HIT THE ROAD.I HAVE THREE KIDS AND WILL AND ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF THEM .CANSHE TAKE ALL MY MONEY ,CAUSE IM GONE HAVE TO MAKE SOMETHING STRECTH IF I CANT WORK ANYMORE ,I COULD SEE IF SHE SAID 25% OF IT OR SOMETHING.dOES ANYONE ALSO KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET SOCIAL SECURITY AFTER YOU FILE HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET FIRST ANSWER,YOUR HELP WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED.
larry coldiron Re: WIFE WANTS DIVORCE AFTER I SETTLE (Currently 1 replies)
Posted At 21:44:35 06/26/2001

hey hardtime, i'm not sure if she can take half your money or not? my guess is, it depends on your state laws regardin community property and if your settlement is in the compensarory catigory?
if its strickly a workman's comp settlement it could very well be all compensation? my case was a third party lawsuit and my award of 8 million dollars was placed as not compensatory but as punitive damages making none of it hers by any means i'd check with a good lawyer!
Larry

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]