Re: WIFE WANTS DIVORCE AFTER I SETTLE

Author Subject: Re: WIFE WANTS DIVORCE AFTER I SETTLE
larry coldiron Posted At 21:44:35 06/26/2001
hey hardtime, i'm not sure if she can take half your money or not? my guess is, it depends on your state laws regardin community property and if your settlement is in the compensarory catigory?
if its strickly a workman's comp settlement it could very well be all compensation? my case was a third party lawsuit and my award of 8 million dollars was placed as not compensatory but as punitive damages making none of it hers by any means i'd check with a good lawyer!
Larry
JOHN LOHMAN Re: WIFE WANTS DIVORCE AFTER I SETTLE (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 09:41:28 06/28/2001

HEY! SORRY CAN'T ANSWER YOU BUT MAYBY YOU CAN HELP ME? YOU SPOKE OF A SETTLEMENT? I 'VE BEEN OUT ON COMP FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND IT LOOKS LIKE I WON'T BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO DRIVING (TRACTOR TRAILER) AND I DON'T KNOW IF I WANNA BE RETRAINED MY ? IS DID THEY APPROACH YOU ON A SETTLEMENT? DO YOU GOTTA PAY ALL BACK TO WORKERS COMP? AD ARE THEY OFFERING A ONE TIME SUM OR WEEKLY SETTLEMENT WITH INS COVERAGE.MY BUDDY WAS OUT FOR A LITTLE OVER A YR,THERES NO MORE THEY CN DO SO THEY OFFERED HIM 80,000 DOLLARS,HE TURNED IT DOWN CAUSE HE FIGURED IT WOULD ONLY LAST HIM A BOUT 7 YRS WHAT HE TOOK WAS 350.00 A WEEK FOR LIFE ALONG WITH MEDICAL TEATMENT IF NEEDED FOR THE INJURY,IF YOU TAKE THE MONEY SETTLEMENT YOU HAVE TO SIGN A PAPER AND YOU WILL NEVER EVE BE ABLE TO COLLECT ON YOUR INJURY AGAIN.MY QUESTION IS WHAT KIND OF INJURY DI YOU HAVE AND WHAT IF I MAY ASK ARE THEY TRYING TO SETTLE FOR AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BENOUT OF WORK BEFORE THEY TALKED SETTLEMENT? YOUR ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS WOULD REALLY PUT MY MIND AT EASE,THANKS. PLEASE E-MIL ME A OKTERRIFIC50@AOL.COM PLEAS WRITE BACK.

JOHN

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]