Re: employer had no w/c insurance

Author Subject: Re: employer had no w/c insurance
Stormy Posted At 12:53:10 07/02/2001
First my reply goes to "Stressed in IL." Hang in there, it's got to get better eventually. Next to "Retired" from the other postings I have been reading you are not so retired and you are not so smart either. Who do you think you are coming in here and trying to intimidate, mislead, confuse, misguide and generally harrass injured workers?? You are so full of BS it is not even funny. And from what I understand you actually work for an insurance company! How interesting that you would have nothing better to do than to aid in making others lives more miserable. I wonder how you would feel if you got injured on the job and the insurance company you work for said, "sorry Charlie, we are not paying you a compensation check, we are not paying your medical bills you are on your own"?? How would you feel if you had to try to live with no income for weeks at a time? Most injuries on the job happen through no fault of the employee, YES the employer is responsible, yes he or she is responsible to make sure the injured employee is taken care of. They must provide a means to pay for the injuries either through "workman's compensation insurance" or a means of "self insurance". That is why there are laws for such provisions. You sir are a menace advising injured workers NOT to hire a lawyer. Of course an insurance company would make such advice, they know that an attorney would know the laws that govern the employer and the insurance companies however an employee may not have that knowledge and therefore it would afford the insurance company to get away with not making restitution to the injured worker. I urge everyone that comes into this forum to ignore your postings and advice!!

Next to Marty, first off he did mention which state he is in by signing "stressed in il". Secondly, while you are correct in that some employers are not required to carry "workman's comp insurance" in most states anything over 2 or 3 employess requires at the very least proof of means to cover a work related injury, if not then the full "workman's comp insurance". Yes learning the laws is vital for any injured worker to insure that their rights are being met. It is unfortunate that employers and insurance companies will twist the proverbial knife if given the opportunity to do so. When one is severely injured it is hard for them to deal with all the laws as well as the BS that goes on when all they should really be doing is taking care of themselves and striding for a full recovery.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]