I'm confused

Author Subject: I'm confused
Tabitha Posted At 11:21:20 07/12/2001
Hello!! My name is Tabitha and I have just been put out of work for a week or
so because a mananger burned me at work. I went to the emergency room as soon as
it happened and i know a week out of work isn't much, but when you're going into college
and trying to save money it hurts. I was wondering how i would go about getting a settlement
because I have a second degree burn with and open blister and it's on my left
arm, two inches long and one inch wide. THe plastic surgeon said there isn't anything he
can really do to fix it. I'm going to go to college to be a Pediatrician and now I am going to
have this huge scar on my arm because some one was careless at work. Please if anyone has any
suggestions i'd appreciate it!! Plus it doens't help to be in school where everyone can see you
and say things to you such as "that's gross" or "that looks horrible." Please help me I'm confused
with WOrkman's comp and I really don't know how it works. Thank you!!
db55 Re: I'm confused (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 15:21:25 07/12/2001

Tabitha....If the accident just happen it is probably too early to settle. You want to make sure you are going to heal properly and not have difficulites down the road. Hang in there. I have seen burns as bad as the one you described leave very little scarring. Hope for the best. Check with your state's department of insurance to determine the waiting week for indemnity benefits. Most states have a 3 to 7 day one. You can check out www.workerscompensation.com for more specific information about your state's statutes.
Good Luck

Post Reply:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]