Re: how long from injury can I apply for workmans comp?

Author Subject: Re: how long from injury can I apply for workmans comp?
Angie Posted At 17:05:11 07/12/2001
I've been at my job a little over two months now. Just last weekend I had to take off from work due to the fact that my back had went out on me. When asked did this problem occur at work, I replied no due to the fact that I was at home at the time that it happenend. I have not had any back problems up until the time that this happened. The job requires for me to do alot of heavy lifting and it's very consistent. A general day for me is to lift freezers, microwaves, vacumes, steam cleaners, big trash cans, totes, etc. I'm stocking this merchandise, sometimes I may have to riser it meaning if it is not enough room on the shelf to fill it I have to get up on a ladder at put them on the high risers. So what I want to know is
am I eligible for workers comp even though I was at home at the time it first went out on me. And even though I've complained telling my job that I can not lift any more heavy items because it's putting strain on me when I do I'm being told that is my job.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]