Stroke at work

Author Subject: Stroke at work
Paul Posted At 20:30:29 07/22/2001
I recently had a stroke at work. Neither my co-workers or my boss sent me for medical help. They sent me home on my bike. I ended up in emergency room at hospital several hours later. Left side was paralyzed, have regained most of my normal range of function except for left arm.
What are my rights?
Amy Re: Stroke at work (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 10:19:13 07/23/2001

Just because you had a stroke at work doesn't make it a work comp claim. You could have been standing in your kitchen at home, and if so, would you have considered that to be work-related?
db55 Re: Stroke at work (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 15:34:44 07/23/2001

What state are you in? This can make a difference in if benefits are due as each state has its own statutes and case law. In Florida for example the employment must be the major contributing cause of the injury. Did you suffer a head injury? Were you struck in the head? Please provide some additional facts surrounding how you accident/stroke occurred.
Tarzan Re: Stroke at work (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 21:57:37 07/23/2001

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/external/wcb/year01/review/review01/may/0002435c.pdf

Copy and paste to address bar, need Acrobat Reader, which is free, sounds close to me.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To IWA's Forum | Forum FAQ ]