Civil Courts

Author Subject: Civil Courts
Injured Worker Posted At 11:03:37 07/04/2000
I am asking if it is possible, after an injured worker signs a CDA, if it is possible to take the insurance companies into a civil court??
Say for example, to small claims court or something to similiar....
To get out of this messed up W/C system, and to be able to recover "out of pocket" expenses??
All information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Tarzan Re: Civil Courts (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 12:11:10 07/04/2000

Don't sign anything releasing the dirt bags.
Sorry to say it is going to take way longer than you have patience for.
Find a lawyer who specializes in workman's comp. You didn't say where you are.
You didn't say what is hurt, can you function as a guard, ticket taker, estimator, accountant. With sergury do you think you could go back to 5 minutes before you had your life changing experience?
Beware the IME, and be truthful, they'll eat you for breadfast, that's how they make a living, beating up on people who stumble into the system, the Venus Fly Trap!
Injured Worker Re: Civil Courts (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 10:13:37 07/06/2000

I have been in this sorry ass system for almost 4 years....I am not medically stationary....I live in Oregon and my damned attorney keeps withdrawing on me!!!
I have had 2 radical surgeries, one involving my cervical,(neck)..I was working as a nurse at the time of my injury...The ime's say I can never return to this type of work!!!
As for those damned imes', they have already ate me for breakfast then had me for brunch!!!
I want this nightmare to be over!!!! Can I take them into a civil court and get out of the W/C system???
pezy Re: Civil Courts (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 18:29:23 07/25/2000

How did your cervical neck injury happen? I have a simalar injury... have had
a laminectomy and discectomy at c 7. It has been 11 months and I still am in
severe pain and have lost alot of the use of my left arm and hand. I am in the health
care profession as well, Please reply Thanks Diana

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]